Monday, November 5, 2007
Incest and Gonorrhea
I knew that would get your attention. Writers are such pervs. And I know that for sure because somebody found this site today through the search term 'Celine Dion's boobs.' Well, I hope you found whatever you were seeking, lover of Celine's nekkid parts. Of course, it still beats the #1 search term that leads to my main blog: 'White Trash Whore.' Ah, well. Be proud of who you are. OWN IT.

So anyway, my meme did indeed spread like the Degrassi gonorrhea outbreak I had hoped for! It traveled well over 6,000 miles to several dozen peeps now infected. Antibiotics for all! It went to TV writers and screenwriters and other kinds of writers and people who just talk about writing, and...well, it's bouncing back all over the place, sometimes coming back two or three times to the same person, which if you will remember from the oh-so-special Degrassi oral sex in the ravine gonorrhea outbreak episode, is pretty much how an STD works. Huzzah!

I found so many great new blogs and a huge array of music that kept me up all night rocking out to You Tube selections (y'all have good taste.) So maybe I TECHNICALLY didn't get any script writing done that night, but as we all know, actually writing is the shortest time spent on the entire writing process. Most of it is letting things develop, and storing up INSPIRATION. You all inspired me; I hope you got some benefits too.

But damn, now I have to expand my blogroll.

As promised in the first meme entry, I am coming up with 5 exercises to kick our writing selves into gear during these dark days. At first I thought I wouldn't make them all memes, since some of them will seem more like 'work' than fooling around, but I'm going to do it anyway. I like annoying people in general, and the last one was such a riot, maybe we'll have the same kind of fun again. So the 5 for 5 Inspiration Memes will continue. Which is okay, because unlike the usual annoying random busy-work memes I usually hate, these actually serve a purpose, all explained in the first entry on the subject here. Don't make me repeat myself, homies.

So we covered the gonorrhea angle. As for the incest? Well, it was fascinating that no matter how far the meme spread, whether it be physical miles, personal styles, or various stages of writing success, it continually had a habit of circling back and reconnecting writer to writer like some sticky, extremely dense spider web. One writer never seems far from another, no matter how 'far' they may be in miles or styles. Which made me realize just how incestuous this delightful TV/Film/Writing world is.

Now I THINK incest is usually considered a bad thing, unless your brother is really hot, of course. I kid, people! I kid! Lord knows what sort of search terms that last bit will attract. But since incest is one of the few topics Degrassi hasn't covered yet, I can't form an opinion since of course, Degrassi is like, totally real. It GOES there.

But in this case of the writing world, incest seems best. Har. I mean, writing is such a horribly lonely undertaking that nobody would choose it on purpose...we need each other. Especially now. So let's ban together as closely as we can and do that. Make the nights a little less lonely, the pages a little less blank. In this case, more writing gonorrhea! More incest! MORE MEMES! Coming your way soon.
 
posted by Rhys at 8:19 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 11/5/07, 9:12 PM, Blogger ~Macarena~

    Your brother/cousin/cousin-brother can be really hot if you didn't grow up with him.

    Even better than how people found you is where they visit next. I sometimes choose purposefully in case someone's keeping track. It mitigates my paranoia.

     
  • At 11/13/07, 1:21 PM, Blogger Rhys

    G-Mac, you so funny! Love the paranoia. Like me going to Google in-between er...questionable sites and clean sites. Haha!